Why Does Pizza Make Me Thirsty?

funwatercap

Pizza on metal dish and vegetable

But not just pizza…

Why do any salty foods make us thirsty?

What is the process that makes our bodies associate salt with needing something to drink?

Though most people do not know this, water is your body’s most important nutrient. Very few can survive more than a few days without water, which constitutes 50% to 60% of your body’s mass.

Water, once taken into the body, is stored in either the intracellular fluid or the extracellular fluid. The intracellular fluid (ICF) is comprised of 65% of the body’s water and is located inside the cells, while the extracellular fluid (ECF) is the remaining 35% and is located outside of the  bodily cells as the name suggests. It is imperative for the ICF and the ECF to remain at their perfect water levels to achieve homeostasis (the maintenance of the body’s internal environment.) Intracellular fluid is exclusively the liquid inside…

View original post 270 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s